These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of May 16.
- 2016 LearningElite Companies Put Learning First: Learning and development is front and center at the companies that make up the 2016 LearningElite.
- Injecting Purpose Into the CLO Role: Chief learning officers are missing a key ingredient in their strategic toolkit: purpose.
- Full-time Employees Only Work Part Time at Work: Employees are spending roughly 40 percent of their time at work on — surprise — nonwork tasks.
- Set Up First-time Managers for Success: They’ve entered boss territory, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need guidance from their learning leaders.
- Are You Ready for Digital Transformation? Today’s workforce is in the midst of a critical digital skills gap, and if companies don’t act now their survival, relevancy and competitive edge may be in jeopardy.