Summer is unofficially over, so cheer yourself up with these top five stories from CLOmedia.com.
1. Don't Be Afraid of Workplace Violence — Be Proactive: Workplace violence hits about half of all companies with more than 1,000 employees. Learning leaders can prepare their organizations for the worst case scenario.
2. 3 Rules to Find Development in the Details: Learning opportunities hidden in daily workflow are the keys to achieving talent development excellence.
3. Cisco Reinvents Social Learning: To support its transition to a global services organization, Cisco Systems Inc. built an interactive learning platform where employees can access training, share content, ask questions and collaborate with experts.
4. Can Your Employees Read This?: When one generation is illiterate, changes are the next will be, too. Learning leaders must ensure employees receive the help they need, for today's workplace and tomorrow's.
5. Don't Undervalue Older Workers: Use flexible work arrangements to turn these valuable people into a coterie of in-house coaches and mentors.
On Another Note …
The secret to building great EdTech products? Teachers, says Fast Company.
Also, the digital personal secretary world is booming, but concerning questions abound, reports The Economist.
Finally, five jobs every entrepreneur should work before building a business, via Entrepreneur.