Santa is coming! … in a few weeks. Stay up late waiting by reading these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of Dec. 8.
1. Keep Mentally Fit with Mind Exercises: Executives who behave as if their brain in a finite resource know they need to take care of it. A tired brain leads to questionable decision-making and behavior.
2. The Psychology of Confidence | Video: Psychologist and consultant Judith Bardwick discusses employee confidence and how learning leaders can instill it in their employees.
3. The Power of Anonymous Work | Video: Find out what lessons CLOs can learn about satisfaction and achievement from "Invisibles" in organizations: fact checkers, anesthesiologists, structural enginners and other professionals who derive satisfaction from from anonymous work despite liing in a culture of praise.
4. The Brain on Leadership: Content, Connectivity and Context: As social animals, our brains are hard-wired to lead through relationships.
5. 7 Ways to Keep Holiday Parties Coal-Free: Keep your employees from landing on the Naughty List by laying some ground rules for celebrating the holidays responsibly.
On Another Note …
It's the holiday season, so here are some great gift ideas to buy your employees, thanks to Business Insider. Read here.