Chicago, Aug. 28 — The editors of Chief Learning Officer magazine, the award-winning publication from MediaTec Publishing Inc., have announced the finalists for this year’s Chief Learning Officer Learning In Practice Awards.
The awards will be presented during a special ceremony at the Fall 2008 Chief Learning Officer Symposium, being held Sept. 24-26 at the legendary Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, Calif. Kevin Wilde, vice president and CLO of General Mills Inc. and Chief Learning Officer magazine’s 2007 CLO of the Year, will deliver the keynote address at the ceremony.
In addition to the announcement of the 2008 Chief Learning Officer of the Year, gold and silver awards will be given to learning practitioners and providers.
The 2008 Practitioner Finalists are:
· Rajul Asthana of Satyam Computer Services
· Fred DePerez of Chrysler
· Al Malinchak and John Hovell of ManTech
· Nicole Scheel of Intercall
· Debbie Hancock of Seagate Technology
· Marianne Langlois of Convergys
· Anthony Codianni of Toshiba America Business Solutions
· Chuck Floyd of Hyatt Hotels
· Joe Lepore of Applied Biosystems
· Andrew MacGovern of Thomson Reuters
· Melkart Rouhana and Deborah Howard of Ritz-Carlton
· Andrea R. Huff of Lee Hecht Harrison
· Carol Maietta of St. Vincent’s Health System
· Phil Morel of Microsoft
· Annette Thompson of Farmers Insurance
· University Health System (Texas)
· HD Supply Co.
· Sun Microsystems
· Ed Cohen of Satyam Computer Services
· Lucy Dinwiddie of ConAgra Foods
· Kathy Hennessey and Steve Wilson of NetApp
· Linda Landry of Nuance Communications
2008 Provider Finalists are:
· Bellevue University
· SMU – Cox Executive Education
· Harvard Business Publishing
· Intrepid Learning Systems
· Allen Communication Learning Services
· NIIT USA
· Resolute Learning
· Harbinger Knowledge Products
· Learning Tree International
· SureSpeak LLC
For more information on the 2008 Chief Learning Officer Symposium, visit www.clomedia.com/events.