Fully charged to make 2016 even more productive and successful for you, your team and organization, inspire and inform some of your new objectives with these top five stories from CLOmedia.com from the week of Jan. 8.
- SAP’s Learning Superhero: The software company’s learning leader Jenny Dearborn saves the day with a business-focused approach that incorporates metrics and culture to engage learners across the company.
- Five Common Leadership Mistakes and How to Avoid Them: These management mainstays can mean the difference between employee satisfaction and employee retention or performance issues.
- In Support of the Watercooler: Want to get your employees’ creative juices flowing? You can start by thanking their inspiring coworkers.
- 4 Steps to Improve Workplace Communication: Talking to everyone the same way can inhibit your ability to collaborate, work smoothly and articulate mission and goals.
- Tough Decision to Make? Look to the Honeybee for Guidance: Believe it or not, insects make high-stakes decisions too. Their approach to problem solving may seem counterintuitive to traditional business practice, but don’t discount the power of the honeybee.
In the spirit of the new year …
Bob Doll makes predictions for the markets in 2016.
PBS NewsHour gives us more than a dozen global predictions to think about.
And Inc. shares why this year, work culture will never be the same.