Take a break from the spring sun with these to five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of April 13.
1. The Perfect Deadly Storm: Corporate Silence: The Lufthansa plane crash serves as a reminder: Leaders must encourage openness in their organizations.
2. 2015 LearningElite Winners: Check out the best of the best when it comes to learning and development.
3. Develop Leaders From the Outside In: Self-awareness in leadership development is sound, but insufficient.
4. Your Brain on Learning: By figuring out how the brain works, learning leaders can change how they approach learning to promote behavioral change and increase business results.
5. Starbucks Reheats College Tuition Program: The coffee company announces that it will pay for all four years of employees' online college education.
On Another Note …
Zappos CEO to its employees: Embrace self-management or leave by the end of the month. Business Insider has more. Read here.
Also, how to build the ultimate to-do list, from Fast Company. Read here.
Finally, why CEO pay reform has failed, via The New Yorker. Read here.