Got turkey on your mind? I get it. Kill some time this weekend before Thanksgiving by reading these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of Nov. 17.
1. The Art of Persuasion: Becoming a more persuasive communicator begins with getting out of your own way and into the decision-maker’s shoes.
2. CLO of the Year: PricewaterhouseCoopers' Tom Evans | Video: Under Evans' leadership, PwC has moved beyond the traditional professional services learning curricula. In this video, he shares how he has made learning a part of every employee's workday.
3. The Power of Proximity: Despite cost- and time-effective advances in technology and e-learning, old-school face-to-face learning is here to stay.
4. The Accelerated Millennial Manager: Leaders must be sure their fast-tracked millennial managers receive basic business training that they may have skipped over in their speed to rise professionally.
5. The Power of the Microburst: Small movements promote big returns in work, focus and general health.
On Another Note …
Positive thinking is all the rage these days in business. But what are the limits of positive thinking? The Wall Street Journal explores with this Q&A with psychologist Gabriele Oettingen, author of the book "Rethinking Positive Thinking," out this month. Read here.
Also, the most productive ways to procrastinate, via Fast Company. Read here.